There are a few places where notifications for TigerConnect for your Android can be configured. Follow the below directions to ensure successful message delivery notifications:
Check your TigerConnect settings.
- Open TigerConnect on your Android device and log in if you have not already done so.
- In the upper left-hand corner of the TigerConnect conversation screen, tap the Menu button to open the application settings pullout.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Ensure the checkbox to the left of Enable Notifications is checked.
- Ensure the following are turned ON:
- Vibrate (optional)
- Choose your desired ringtone (below the Vibrate section) by tapping Select a Ringtone.
When setting your notifications, you do not have to have both Notifications and Vibrate turned on, but it will increase your chances of receiving notification of a message.
Go to your general Android device’s settings.
You can set the native device sound settings in your Android’s Settings to ensure messages are delivered to TigerConnect correctly.
- Tap Settings on your device’s Home Screen or Applications folder.
- The Settings app may also be found in your device’s Application folder, which is typically located in the bottom tray on the device’s home screen. Once inside the Applications folder, long-tap on the icon to drag the icon to the home screen for easier access in the future.
- Tap Sound.
- Within this menu, you can set the following:
- Set Device Volume (titled Volume or Volumes)
- Ensure Silent Mode is not enabled (Gingerbread 2.3+).
Ensure that the above settings are set to any level above silent or off for your device to be able to receive notifications correctly.
Ensure that the device volume is up.
The location of your Android device’s volume button varies depending on the device. Typically you can find this on the left or right side of the Android device, and is typically two small buttons or a long button allowed to be pressed at the top or bottom.
When turning the device’s volume down to the lowest setting, Android often lets you push the ‘down’ volume button an additional time to turn the phone to ‘Silent’. To receive audible sound notifications, please ensure the device is set to a volume level below Silent or Vibrate mode.
Posted in: Android/Web - Installation